Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Nan Hayworth’s Young Voters for an Orleans Reunion Tour come up with best campaign video so far this year

By Sam Foster

This has been the election season for great conservative campaign videos. Dale Peterson pulled no punches as he strut in a video armed with a Winchester, Fiorina’s Demon Sheep, and even a weird, off-beat ad from Republican Mattie Fein; a spin on Young Frankenstein.

However, I think Nan Hayworth’s Young Voters for an Orleans Reunion Tour certainly deserves a spot in the finalist category with their recently released music video “Vote with me.”

Nan Hayworth is running to unseat John Hall for NY’s 19th congressional district. For the many of you who don’t remember the 70’s, John Hall was the front man for the band Orleans. The group hit it big with song “Still the one” and “Dance with me.” Young Voters’ video is a spoof on “Dance with me.”

Note to political candidates, snag up young conservatives and get them involved. You won’t be sorry.



Lyrics:

Vote with me
Let’s make John Hall leave Washington DC
And get him out and touring
We are calling
And John Hall’s stalling
Vote with me

The economy
John Hall supports a failed policy
And has prolonged a crisis
Wasteful spending
Is never ending
Vote with me

Let it lift you out of DC
On the road and maybe out to sea
We can take you
We want you to go
Whoawoh

Orleans
That is the band John Hall used to lead
Before he entered Congress
Start the tour
It’s waiting for you
Vote with me

0 comments:

Post a Comment